Saturday 5 February 2011

Narrative or Performance?

I think before I start casting people and picking outlines to my video, this is a very important part to determine. Having done research into quite a few videos I think I like the ideologies of a narrative more than performance. With my casting not being the same as the actual singers, i think performance will be very difficult to grasp the audiences attentions and connections for long enough.

The Kooks video has inspired me greatly to come up with my own little narrative within the 3 minute song. With this i have more freedom to be creative and use acting shots that i did in AS level media and also GCSE. This will come easier to me then setting up a whole band, of which i have no experience of at all. When I was thinking about my favourite narrative music videos I immediately thought of "When the Sun Goes Down" by Arctic Monkeys. I will analyse this in a blog tomorrow.
In my spare time I was watching a video by the currently popular Arcade Fire, and stumbled upon a beautifully created video "The Suburbs." This was a shortened version of a short film that was to be brought out after the video. The video was based on the song, but tells a whole different story that makes the audience really interpret it for themselves. I will also analyse this in a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment