Sunday 13 February 2011

Locations

Locations are very important as they set the backdrop to the narrative. I have established four separate locations in my story boarding.







1) Streets



2) Park (chains)



3) Inside House



4)Car

The Streets: In Carlton, near my friends house, will be used on a few different occasions and fits the urban theme that I have established with genre, song and intertextuality.



Park: This is the place that is used for when the protagonist is drunk/depressed and is an isolated place for him to come to. Also, the chains in the park allow for a urban backdrop that has been used as my place of equilibrium - for the narrative to work. It is a standard park that you would find in any area of England but, is situated in Carlton Nottingham.
House: In the room of my mates house. It is fairly large and has enough room to fit all three characters in the shots. Also, it has a big television and a PS3, which is needed for my Fifa video game shots.

Car: This is used in conjunction with the fast paced music at the beginning. I think it establishes the age group and also, it shows the group in transit to the next location, moving the narrative and story line forward.

I hope that all of these locations will help me represent my plot and ideas effectively.

On top of this however, I had to reject a few locations.

Firstly I was going to use a wall at a friends house for the point of equilibrium, however, i have changed this to the railings in the park. Another rejected location was Arnold park:



However, I believe that this location was too busy to film in, so I used the one in Carlton as I have showed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment