Thursday 10 February 2011

Animatic - Green Light - Roll Deep



For part of the Research process we needed to learn how to create storyboards/animatic. I did this stage using the help of a group, which consisted of myself and two other lads who are also producing A2 music video coursework this year, Samuel Welton and Pietro Melfi. First of all we used a song called "Green light" by Roll Deep and looked at their official music video. We choose this video because it was the number 1 in the UK chart at the time, and is a fairly catchy song which hopefully wouldn't get too annoying after repetitive plays!

We then reproduced a storyboard for how the final storyboard would have been produced. This left us with around a minute of the video fully drawn out and recreated shot-by-shot, frame-by-frame. Then we put together the frames with a camera and edited the transition and timings for each frame so they were an exact, frame-by-frame replica of the original music video.

I will be doing this for my own storyboard which is to be created now that I have my band/main ideas for the music video. I will be doing everything the same including making sure that i have the timings right, edited to the music. The only difference is that it is my own work and my own ideas instead of copying a finnished article, which is difficult and challenging, yet exciting as my video will be a more vidusal, real project.

The shots range from close ups of girls dancing and the rappers/ main woman singing. On top of this their are long shots to show the whole band Roll Deep. Also, mid shots are used to show "Wiley" in the car, this also fits this genre lifestyle as he is in a fast, expensive car.

Underneath is the actual video that we copied the first 1:18 from:

No comments:

Post a Comment