Wednesday 2 March 2011

Audience Feedback

I decided to show my video to a select group of people in my media class. They are currently working on their own projects, which means they have good knowledge of whats conventional and what looks right. Also, importantly, they are of the exact demographic of which my video is aimed at -17/18 year olds.

I showed the video as a group showing to 10 (5 male/5 female) and asked them each individually for some feedback. (Note: A few others were watching, however they only voiced their opinion. They also wern't all part of my target audience, so i felt this wouldn't be fair to bring their opinion into my conclusions and wern't part of the written feedback)

The comments I received were fairly positive as to how the video was coming along, however people felt "The narrative is slightly difficult to follow because of the big gaps in footage" however they assured me that it should come together when fully filmed.

"The types of shots are good, very different and the narrative structure to it makes it more interesting and entertaining" This is good as I definately wanted the video to have its own personality and unique narrative/meaning. The only way I can really get across my message is by entertaining and keeping the audience focused on the music video and music.

As a side note, the song itself was described as "catchy" and "really good" which is also important for keeping the audience interested in the video.

Now i know that I need to crack on and get this last bit of filming done so that it can be judged as a complete narrative video and I can get more realistic feedback. I will be writing a new filming schedule soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment