Tuesday 8 March 2011

Final Cut Video



This is my final cut video.

I am very pleased with what has come out of it after some troublesome filming time. I have really loved the editing process, however, found the filming and organisation of people very difficult and time-consuming.

My initial reaction to the video as a whole is:

Positive:
The range of close ups/mid shots/high angle shots are very good and give the video a more unique feel. Also, the first person drunken shot creates a feeling of being in the video and a part of the protagonist's thoughts.

I also feel that the narrative works because we, as the audience, go through the emotions with the main character, which is hugely important. I also believe that the shots meet the music well, because when there is a lull, the protagonist emotions are low as well reflecting this change in musical pace.

My favourite or most successful scene is probably the clip of the pint of beer going down in stages, and shows more clearly that a lot of drink is being drunk, in a very short space of time. As well as this, I think the final shot of the character happy is very effective as it highlights the huge upturn in his emotions from when he was drunk and depressed, hammering home my overall message to the audience.

Negative:
Some of the clips in the narrative, especially at the start are very short and don't really get noticed too much by the audience. This looks messy and also takes away from each clips important role to the narrative.

Also, the lip syncing isn't 100 percent and the actors emotions aren't always definable. This is my fault as I didn't let the actors know exactly how I wanted them to look or act.

No comments:

Post a Comment