Wednesday 22 September 2010

Which subgenre to choose?

After establishing the genre i am going to pursue, i now need to do research into the many sub genres within it. Rock branches out into many different sounds and styles which all take inspiration from one and another and completely other genres. To find exactly what i am looking for i need to do research on all the different sub genres, bands within these sub genres and the music videos they create.

I have established these sub genres to research thoroughly which will help me find the sound that i feel comfortable continuing the project with:

- Punk Rock
- Alternative Rock
- Indie Pop/Brit pop


Picking my favourite or most comfortable genre will allow me to filter my search for an unsigned band down and this will make the choosing process far easier for me. Also i will have good knowledge on a look i need for my band and the overall music video. To gain deeper understandings of each genre i will be looking at its roots, influences, old bands and the popularity of the genre now in 2010/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment