Monday 20 September 2010

Music Video and the genre of my choice

Firstly, i am going to begin by purely focusing on the music video element of the coursework. The biggest and most challenging part of the project is that the A2 rules dictate that it has to be a totally unsigned artist/band. I do not know any personal artists so i will need to search around with the resources i have, IE the Internet, to find a suitable candidate to focus my coursework on.

I believe that the best thing to do that will narrow my search, would be to select a genre or angle that i can pursue. This will help me specify my search and find the perfect band for me. The genre i am selecting is of a Rock/Indie bent, because in my head, this is the sort of music i relate heavily with music videos. Also, i will have many influences to help me a long the way because of the huge mainstream and underground/amateur popularity in the genre.

With this genre, i now know that my preference is to represent a band, not just a single artist, because this is what is popular within the genre.

I can now research this line of the industry and get searching for the perfect band and song to do the project on.

No comments:

Post a Comment